Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Aussie Author Challenge 2014 Summary



I actually didn't think I had managed to complete the Aussie Author Challenge in 2014 until today when I went back through my book lists and reviews and actually counted them. I am happy to reveal that I read 14 books by Australian authors in 2014, meeting the various rules for the "Kangaroo" level of the Challenge (see below for details) :-) Thank you to Jo from the Booklover Book Reviews blog for hosting the Challenge again, it was good fun taking part, and I read many books I might not have otherwise read, including two 10/10 books - "Jasper Jones", "Gifts of the Permangk". Here's my summary of the books I read as part of the Challenge and links to my reviews of them.

"Barracuda" by Christos Tsiolkas (Male author, New to me, First published in 2013) 4/10
"The Lieutenant" by Kate Grenville (Female author, New to me) 8.5/10
"Chasing the light" by Jesse Blackadder (Male author, New to me) 7/10
"The Dirty Chef" by Matthew Evans (Male author, New to me, Non Fiction) 9/10
"Sorry" by Gail Jones (Female author, New to me) 6.5/10
"I came to say goodbye" by Caroline Overington (Female author) 7/10
"Jasper Jones" by Craig Silvey (Male author, New to me) 10/10
"The 1000 Hour Day" by Chris Bray (Male author, Non Fiction) 9/10
"The Undesirables" by Mark Issacs (Male author, New to me, Non Fiction, First published in 2014) 10/10
"The Family Frying Pan" by Bryce Courtenay (Male author, Audio book) 8/10
"Gifts of the Permangk" by Dean Mayes (Male author, New to me) 10/10
"When the light comes" by Favel Parrett (Female author, New to me, First published in 2014) 8/10
"The Rosie Effect" by Graeme Simsion (Male author, First published in 2014) 8/10
"Can you keep a secret?" by Caroline Overington (Female author, First published in 2014) 6/10

Kangaroo level: Read and review 12 titles written by Australian Authors of which at least 4 of those authors are female, at least 4 of those authors are male, and at least 4 of those authors are new to you; At least 6 fiction and at least 2 non-fiction, and at least 3 titles first published in 2013 or 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment