Sunday, March 8, 2020

"Diving into Glass" by Caro Llewellyn



Caro Llewellyn recently spoke at Adelaide's Writers Week, her book has been short-listed for the Stella prize in 2020. I read this book as part of the Aussie Author Challenge.

I found this book hard to read yet also mesmerising at the same time - what an interesting eccentric character and life on one (surface) level, but it also seems such a destructive book for someone to write about a family member who is still alive and is well-known and respected in literary circles. It is interesting how different people see and experience and interpret life through different lenses. If this had been written about people I had never met or it was pitched as fiction then I would have been more able to enjoy this book, but as I am friends with one of the people portrayed often in a negative light in this book I feel guilty and conflicted about reading this book.  

Started reading on my kindle: 6th March 2020
Finished: 8th March 2020
No score - I feel too conflicted abut the book to score it publicly.
Aussie Author Challenge Stats: Female author, new author to me, memoir/autobiography


No comments:

Post a Comment