Friday, October 30, 2020

"Love and Other Thought Experiments" by Sophie Ward

 "Love and Other Thought Experiments" by Sophie Ward

 


What an excellent, surprising and unique collection of interconnected stories and parallel universes! I interpreted the stories to be thought experiments about consciousness, memory and what it means to be human compared to AI, rather than really about love, although various different relationships are woven throughout the book too. I didn’t know what to expect from this book, although it was long-listed for the Booker prize which suggested it might be good, it surprised me and I really enjoyed it and the philosophical questions embedded in it, even though I'm not generally a big fan of short stories.

Started reading on my Kindle: 17th October 2020

Finished: 19th October 2020

My score: 9.5/10 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment