Friday, October 30, 2020

"Leap in: A Woman, Some Waves, and the Will to Swim" by Alexandra Heminsley

"Leap in: A Woman, Some Waves, and the Will to Swim" by Alexandra Heminsley

I listened to this as an audiobook with the audible add-on when I purchased this as a Kindle ebook. The audio is read by the author.

I really enjoyed Alexandra Heminsley's first book, "Running Like a Girl", but didn't really connect in the same way with this book. Not sure if that is mostly to do with the fact that I am a runner, and not a swimmer, and so maybe if I had been someone into swimming or newly discovering the joys and challenges of swimming, it might have appealed more. I do admire swimmers, especially ocean swimmers, but have yet to admire it enough that I have tried it myself...I must admit the in-built fear of sharks plays in my mind when swimming, even though I campaign to protect sharks and protest their culling. I also found "Running Like a Girl" was quite humorous, and didn't find the same with "Leap in". 

Started listening: 4th August 2020

Finished: 27th September 2020

My score: 5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment