Saturday, April 6, 2019

"Fusion" by Kate Richards



I first heard of this book when Lucy Treloar posted about it recently on Instagram. It is a really unique book - the writing is quite beautiful, sometimes poetic, the central characters are unusual protagonists - adult conjoined twins named Sea and Serene who live in an isolated cabin in rural Victoria. For the beautiful writing and the thought-provoking uniqueness of the characters and the way they spoke/thought/interacted together I would rank this book very highly. However I found both the storyline and ending a little unsatisfying/underwhelming, so in the end I think I would rank it closer to 6.5 - 7 out of 10.

I read this book as part of the Aussie Author Challenge, the author has a medical degree and works part-time in genetics, it is the first time I have read a book by this author, I'm not sure what the genre would be, but I have heard the story described as a "modern Gothic tale" which seems to fit well I think. I'd definitely be interested to read other books by this author in future.

Started reading: 12th March 2019
Finished: 31st March 2019
My score: 7/10

Aussie Author Challenge stats: New to me author, Female author, genre - described as a 'modern Gothic tale'.

No comments:

Post a Comment